Updates and Changes to Benefits:
For complete and up-to-date information regarding updates and changes to your benefits and payroll information, please go to the UW Service Center’s Employee Resources page at https://uwservice.wisc.edu/employee/index.php.
Academic Staff Links:
- Unclassified Employee-Related Links
- Unclassified Benefits Summary
- Ethics, Political Activities, and Outside Employment (Unclassified)
- Unclassified Title Guidelines
- Academic Staff Policies and Procedures
- UW-Madison Academic Staff Website
- Unclassified Personnel Guidelines
- Unclassified Staff Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Catastrophic Leave Policy
- Sick Leave Policy for Faculty and Academic Staff
- Unclassified Policies and Procedures
- Unclassified Leaves of Absence and Leave Benefits
- Single Payroll
- Compensation and Titling
How to report leave
Every two weeks, employees will report their leave via MyUW. Alyssa will send reminders and instructions. Supervisors will then approve leave time.
Instructions for Reporting Leave Time:
Appointment Time Used What to Record
Part-Time Any Amount Record Actual Hours Gone
Full-Time Less than 2 Hours 0 Hours
Full-Time 2 – 6 Hours 4 Hours
Full-Time More than 6 Hours 8 Hours
A leave report must be submitted each month, regardless of whether any leave was taken. Failure to submit leave reports on a timely basis will result in a reduction to your sick leave accrual. Regent policy requires that you provide medical certification for sick leave used for more than five consecutive full work days, except when the use of sick leave is authorized in advance.
Please see here for more information on reporting leave
For comments or suggestions regarding this page, contact Alyssa Luckey Winters.