Laboratory Technician: Seeking 1 motivated and independent student to assist with the aspects of laboratory management at the Hasler Laboratory of Limnology. The Center for Limnology’s mission is to exemplify The Wisconsin Idea by providing new knowledge and information on aquatic ecosystems through research, education, outreach and public service; and to facilitate and support research and teaching. The main role of the position would be to support the Laboratory Manager and all the researchers doing limnological research. See more details and How to Apply
Summer 2023 Field Season Hiring (Undergraduates) is complete. We will begin this process for summer 2024 in January 2024. Example position descriptions below.
Eligibility: Students must be currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment in summer 2023 or fall 2023 at an accredited college or university in the USA are eligible. UW-Madison students would be given priority. Students who graduated in spring 2023 will NOT be eligible for student hourly positions for the summer of 2023.
LimnoLaunch 2023: Madison (May 17, 18, 19 & 20, 2023) & Trout Lake Station (May 24, 25 & 26)
Required for most positions listed below. Designed to 1) break down barriers for anyone with little-to-no experience doing scientific field work and gain more broad experience than on individual projects; and 2) build a better sense of community amo0ng everyone doing research on our lakes in the summer.
- Cascade Project Storm Technician – Filled
- Fish Ecology Field & Laboratory Assistant – Pelagic Food Web – Filled
- Fish Ecology Field & Laboratory Assistant – Bright Spots – Filled
- Lake Phenology Intern at Trout Lake Station – Filled
- LTER Base Crew – Southern Lakes – Filled
- LTER Base Crew – Trout Lake Station – Filled
- Pond Nutrient Cycling Research Technician – Filled
- Research Assistant – Bog Microbial Ecology – Filled
- Science Communication Intern- Hasler Lab, Madison – Filled
- Science Communication Intern – Trout Lake Station – Filled
- SCUBA Field Research Assistant – Filled
- Seepage Lake Water Quality Field & Laboratory Assistant – Filled
- Wild Rice Intern at Trout Lake Station – Filled
Working at Trout Lake Station in Boulder Junction – Video
UW-Madison is committed to providing opportunities to people from all backgrounds to help create a welcoming, empowered, and inclusive community. UW-Madison encourages women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
“Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background—people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.”