Employer: Jimmy Sustachek (firstname.lastname@example.org; he/him)
We are seeking 1 student to assist in water chemistry analysis in the Center for Limnology chemistry lab. This lab is responsible for conducting chemical analyses on water samples collected from several Wisconsin lakes as part of the North Temperate Lakes Long Term Ecological Research program. Students will be trained to be involved in multiple aspects of chemical analysis, including reagent and glassware preparation, sample preparation, gran titration, data entry, and operation of analytical chemistry equipment such as nutrient or organic carbon analyzers.
NOTE: This position will be a hybrid lab/field role. Indicate preference for Water Chemistry Lab Technician AND LTER Base Crew – Southern Lakes positions on your application and contact Jimmy Sustachek if you have any questions.
Having students with different life experiences and backgrounds is critical to ensure the exchange of diverse ideas that is called for in training tomorrow’s scientists. Because we are actively working to increase diversity and inclusivity in our discipline, underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- Chemistry course/lab experience
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail-orientated and self-motivated
- Able to perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Number of positions: 1 @ 40 hours per week
- Possibility of continuing into the academic year as a part-time job
- Start date: mid/late May 2024
- End date: mid/late August 2024
- Pay: $14.50 no experience; $14.75 some experience; $15.00 very experienced
Location and Housing:
This position is based full-time at Hasler Lab at the Center for Limnology in Madison, WI. Housing is not provided. Parking at the CFL/on campus is also not included.
How to Apply:
- Application link
- Priority consideration deadline: February 21, 2024
- We accept applications until all positions are filled.
- Indicate preference for Water Chemistry Lab Technician AND LTER Base Crew – Southern Lakes positions on your application and contact Jimmy Sustachek if you have any questions.
The CFL is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to an inclusive and positive working environment for all.