Employer: Nick Scheel (email@example.com), he/him
The McMahon Lab is hiring an undergraduate student to collect water column and sediment microbial samples from the lakebed of Lake Mendota. We will be gathering vital information about how microbes produce Methylmercury, a bioaccumulative toxin that threatens the health of ecosystems, fisheries, and humans.
Having students with different life experiences and backgrounds is critical to ensure the exchange of diverse ideas that is called for in training tomorrow’s scientists. Because we are actively working to increase diversity and inclusivity in our discipline, underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- Help collect water column and sediment microbial samples from the lakebed of Lake Mendota
- Use SCUBA to work in the field and lab
- Open-Water SCUBA certification required
- Number of positions: 1
- Start date: mid/late May 2023
- End date: mid/late August 2023
- Pay: $14.50 no experience; $14.75 some experience; $15.00very experienced
Location and Housing:
This position is based full-time at Hasler Lab at the Center for Limnology in Madison, WI. Housing is not provided. Parking at the CFL/on campus is also not included.
How to Apply:
- Application link
- Priority consideration deadline: February 15, 2023
- We accept applications until all positions are filled.
- Indicate preference for SCUBA Field Research Assistant on your application and contact Nick Scheel if you have any questions.
The CFL is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to an inclusive and positive working environment for all.