The list below are CFL faculty and staff. Click here to see undergraduate and graduate student awards.
- Madison lake expert wins $90,000 Catalan Prize, Wisconsin State Journal, December 26, 2018 (Steve Carpenter)
- Steve Carpenter received the Ramon Margalef Prize in Ecology 2018
- Steve Carpenter named a 2018 Highly Cited Researcher
- Paul Hanson and Hilary Dugan received one of ten 2018 Data Science Initiative (DSI) faculty research support for innovative project of a data pipeline for freshwater science data repositories
- Ellen Hamann received 2018 Academic Staff: Early Career Award from College of L&S recognizing outstanding performance, promise of future contributions and a high degree of professionalism
- Hilary Dugan names one of ten winners in The Winners: Cool Science Images 2018
- Emily Stanley named a 2018 Fellow by the Ecological Society of America; from the Ecological Society of America, recognizing the quality and importance of her contributions to ecology, for her ability to identify and lead new ecological frontiers, and for making connections across boundaries that continue to push our field forward.
- John Lyons is the recipient of 2018 Fellows Award. This award recognizes educators, researchers, mentors, artists, and civic or business leaders from across Wiscon who have made substantial contributions to the cultural life and welfare of our state and its people.
- Emily Stanley awarded the 2018 G. Evelyn Hutchinson Award from the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography. This award honors a limnologist … who has made considerable contributions to knowledge, and whose future work promises a continued legacy of scientific excellence.