The Stanley lab is looking for an independently motivated and enthusiastic undergraduate researcher to assist in the field and in the lab during the 2018 summer season. The position will be predominantly based out of the Center for Limnology (CFL) in Madison, WI. Work will average to be about 30-40 hours per week, with some weeks having longer hours.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects in the Stanley lab, with a focus on stream metabolism monitoring. This will include calibrating and maintaining water chemistry sensors in streams in the Madison area as well as assisting with installing sensors and collecting water samples. Some sample processing in the lab will also be associated with collecting of water samples.
- Perform field work on lakes and streams in the Madison, WI area
- Collecting and processing water samples
- General lab work and support
- Data processing
- Comfortable working in small boats and in streams
- Resourceful at problem solving
- Ability to work individually and under minimal supervision
- Willing to work in all safe weather conditions and occasional long and irregular hours
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Experience working with plumbing and electronics preferred, not required
- Valid driver’s license which meets UW Risk Management standards is required
- Number of positions: 2
- Start date: mid to late May 2018
- End date: late August 2018
- Pay: $10.75-no experience; $11.00-some experience; $11.25-very experienced
This position is based at the Center for Limnology in Madison, WI. Housing will not be provided while working in Madison.
How to apply:
- Application link: http://limnology.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2ha5k1j3ln9
- Application deadline: March 14, 2018
- We accept applications until all positions are filled.
- Subscribe to our email listserv to stay updated on our summer hiring process.
- Indicate preference for “Fish Ecology Field Assistant” on your application. Contact Sam Blackburn (email@example.com) if any questions.
The CFL values diversity and is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer