Description: – NOT HIRING FOR SUMMER 2020 (COVID-19 RELATED)
This position is part of the North Temperate Lakes Long Term Ecological Research (NTL LTER) project. We study the ecology of lakes as one of a network of sites established by the National Science Foundation (NSF) to support long-term ecological research. The Base Crew positions collect limnological data from our seven study lakes and do the associated lab analyses and data entry. This work, as well as opportunities to participate in other projects taking place at Trout Lake, will result in a summer of interesting and varied research experience.
Responsibilities (training provided):
- collect samples from our seven northern study lakes for a variety of biological, physical and chemical properties, spending roughly 40% of your time outdoors on the lakes
- perform associated laboratory and data entry work in addition to the field work
- conduct an independent project culminating in a short seminar presentation at the end of the summer
- Careful attention to detail and established protocols to maintain the high quality of our long term database
- Work outdoors in any weather
- Be physically able to lift and carry a moderate amount of gear over short distances
- Self-motivated and able to work with a partner in the field
- Valid driver’s license which meets UW Risk Management standards is required as you will need to drive a State owned vehicle
- Number of positions: 0
- Start date: Late May 2020
- End date: August 28, 2020
- Pay: $11.25 no experience; $11.50 some experience; $11.75 very experienced
Location and Housing:
These positions are located at the Center for Limnology’s Trout Lake Station in Boulder Junction, WI in northern Wisconsin. Dormitory style housing (not food) is provided free of charge. Enjoy swimming, hiking, fishing, biking and shoreline campfires while gaining valuable research experience!
How to apply:
- Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we are not hiring for Summer 2020.
The CFL is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to an inclusive and positive working environment for all.