The Arthur D. Hasler Laboratory of Limnology
The Hasler Laboratory of Limnology (or Hasler Lim Lab) is is a working research station on the shores of Lake Mendota within the University of Wisconsin campus. Serving as a base of operations for the southern lakes research projects and the river ecology programs, it additionally serves as the administrative home for Center for Limnology and the Limnology and Marine Sciences Graduate Studies Program.
The UW Board of Regents officially named the building for Arthur D. Hasler in 2005, however, construction began on the building in 1958 and was finished in 1963. Cantilevered over Lake Mendota, the the Hasler Lim Lab provides office and laboratory space for various projects at the Center. One definining feature of the building is the drive-in slip in the basement, providing direct access to Lake Mendota. The laboratory also serves as the "Eastern Gate" for the UW Lakeshore Nature Preserve, a campus natural area which was near and dear to Arthur Hasler.
Traveling to the Hasler Lab
Campus Map for the Hasler Laboratory of Limnology: opens the UW Online Interactive Campus Map in a new browser or window or tab.
We are located on the along the shoreline of Lake Mendota. Follow North Park Street past the Memorial Union, then turn left down a drive along the lake past the Water Science and Engineering Lab. The building street address is 680 North Park Street.